Have you tried SOCCA? It’s pretty much a flatbread or crepe made with chickpea flour!
The only thing you need is water, chickpea flour and salt! But I add some spices for flavour! You are welcome to get creative on this step!
You can also adjust the thickness and crispy ness as your preference!
* 1 cup chickpea flour
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 tsp chilli flakes
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* Mix water an flour in a bowl until smooth
* Add spices and whisk well to combine
* Heat a cast iron skillet or non stick small pan over medium heat. When hot add a few drops of oil and spread well. Add a ladle-full of the batter. Cook for 5 minutes till you see some holes on top, like a pancake, then use a spatula to loosen the flatbread. If it is still sticking, let the bread cook longer and then try again. Flip and cook for another 3 mins. Cooking time will depend on the pan, stove and thickness of the batter.
* Remove from heat, cut in pieces and enjoy as is with some olive oil or with your favourite curry or soup